The a greenhouse gas can enter the atmosphere is

The graph above illustrates the average change of global temperature over time.Despite the fact that some years are colder than the years before,recently, there has been a continuous trend for the average temperature to rise.

The increase in global average temperature follows a familiar trend to the percentage of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.However,since carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas,it absorbs energy and heat from the earth’s surface into space which makes the amount of this gas in the atmosphere to increase which then causes the earth to become more hotter.The above results will therefore continue to increase because scientists predict that our planet will warm between about two to six°C by the next century.

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!

order now

The prediction rate if the warming up for the upcoming century is at least twenty times faster which is very unusual.During the past century,global warming has really taken a major effect on the planet.It is the unusual fast increase in earth’s average temperature over the previous centuries because of greenhouses being released by humans burning fossil fuels.Moreover,greenhouse gases are referred to as a blanket around the planet trapping heat and energy found in the atmosphere and causing it to warm up.They allow sunlight to pass through the atmosphere freely where it is then moderately absorbed by the earth’s surface. The three gases that have a huge influence on our atmosphere and are the basic cause of the greenhouse effect are: carbon dioxide,nitrous oxide and methane.

Firstly,the two ways how a greenhouse gas can enter the atmosphere is either by human activities such as burning fossil fuels,Deforestation,use of artificial fertilizers and industrial processes and livestock farming.It can also be caused by natural processes for example plant and animal respiration. To begin with, due to we humans burning fossil fuels like coal and gas,the absorption of carbon dioxide has been increasing because the industrial revolution has reached its extreme levels that have never been seen in the last 3 million years.

About 88% of all human produced carbon dioxide is released by burning coals and the remaining 12% due to deforestation.As we burn these fuels,more energy is produced which then turns to heat,electricity or power used of transportation as the main purpose. There are mainly used in planes,power plants,industrial facilities and cars.Little did we know that by burning these fuels,our climate is slowly changing by time.Secondly,methane levels have doubled up over the past 150 years due to intensive farming and also because we humans are releasing ,ethane twice as fast as the earth can.Another reason as to why this gas is increasing is because of ruminant animals such as cows,goats and sheep creating tons of this gas during digestion.This animals produce the gas as a by product which they later exhale it causing more energy in the atmosphere due to internal fermentation.In addition to that,human activities have increased nitrogen compounds to the environment.Large amounts enter the earth’s soils,atmosphere and waterways which is why the release of nitrous oxide has risen by 40-50%.Lastly, that is why scientists have strong faith that greenhouse gases will for sure continue to rise in the future mainly due to human activities as said earlier.Ever since the industrial period began in 1750,carbon dioxide has increased by approximately 38% and methane by 148%.